27 October 2010

Airship_wip

Yes it has been a while I know:)
The initial inspiration for this image was taken from a sketch that I drew a couple of weeks ago. That in turn was inspired by the Medway Queen being transported on a barge (for restoration iirc).
The scene was first created in Maya and an Ambient Occlusion pass was rendered out, this was then taken into Photoshop and then painted over digitally,there is still a fair bit of work to do, I thinkI need to re-conceptualise the background, something more Mediterranean possibly, also finish finish the foreground and introduce a couple of figures. So all in all about 50% done so far.

3 comments:

  1. Rusty things have a character about them in my opinion :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes many of my old cars have certainly had plenty of "character". :)

    ReplyDelete