14 December 2011

Bedouin 2

This is an attempt at speeding up the painting process, this rolled in at 20 -25 minutes from concept to finished article.  The colour scheme was inspired by Rembrandt, Turner and Blanche. The title is rather random as the subject matter was inspired by Moorcock this extended to the environment also, I vaguely remember a passage in one of the Erekose novels where he mentioned a beach with obsidian cliffs so I thought I would try and imagine a reflective rock surface catching the light of a setting sun. I feel the mount is rather lumpen  and could do with some resolution, yet the rider would need to remain the focal point.

4 comments:

  1. Really enjoying the mood you got going on here, very nice speed paint. Would love to see her worked on more [it is a hooded lady, right?]. Nice stuff Simon :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there Jon long time no see, cheers for dropping by, it is not specifically a hooded lady, but if that is what you see then feel free to roll with it dude.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey man, yeah I kinda lost myself for a bit there. Trying to get back in the loop a bit. How's everything going your end?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey man, I know you seemed to suggest that this wasn't a chick last night. I still disagree! :P
    I think it's because it feels like a long hooded garment, the shoulders in that case feel thinner than the hips. It just gives a feel of a female body under there.

    ReplyDelete