28 September 2016

Goblin Illustration

After producing a raft of sketches I decided to actually push one of them a bit further, this little fella spoke to me, essentially a five minute thumbnail.


I quite liked his solitude and the framing of the moon. So I scanned it into Photoshop and three and a bit hours later I managed to add some colour, a tiny bit of redrawing and some rendering to get this:


I'm quite happy with the outcome, I still think there are a couple of tweaks that are required, the rim lighting on the robes is a little heavy and a bit more colour in the blacks just to "dirty" them up a smidge, should really squeeze a toadstool in their as well :D. I may even take this into Maya to a final sculpt. Anyway below id the wip video.

Thanks for dropping by,
Si

No comments:

Post a Comment